Friday, March 30, 2012

Relationships in MSDE - how do I do it?

Hi
I am using the Web Matrix Project to write a .NETapplication. I have set up a database using MSDE which Iaccessed through the Web Matrix Project to start with. I have nowfound the Web Data Administrator which I use to backup my database andhelp to transfer it to the Server where I hope to run this application(if I ever get it finished!).
I need to set up some relationships between database tables but cannotsee a way to do this. SQL Server Books on Line referes toEnterprise Manager which I believe ships with the full MS SQL Serverpackage (and costs a package). I am doing this on ashoe-string. Any ideas on how to do it?
Thanks in advance.
Mike
CREATE TABLE order_part
(order_nmbr int,
part_nmbr int
FOREIGN KEY REFERENCES part_sample(part_nmbr)
ON DELETE NO ACTION,
qty_ordered int)
GO

you could do an alter table if its already there|||Hi DeveloperMCDBA
I did not realise I could create a table using a StoredProcedure. It certainly takes me longer than just using theWebMatrix but I seem to be getting there. Many thanks for thehelp - much appreciated.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment