Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Relationship Diagrams

Hello,
I was wondering if there is a tool available that maps the
relationships between tables in a SQL Server database.
I need this to help document a user guide to a DB I've designed for
them and they are familair with the MS Access diagrams and can't get
on with the diagrams Enterprise Manager produces.
However I want the tool to "attach" the relations to the Primary Key
and Foreign Keys regardless of where I drag the tables around, an
awful lot like MS Access relationship diagrams do. I've trawled
through many "trails" offered on the internet and thought I'd be
better off "asking the audience" for any recommendations.
Thanks for any help
Giles
If you want to document your database, you might check out SqlSpec, a
shareware app I wrote: http://www.elsasoft.org
Giles wrote:
>Hello,
>I was wondering if there is a tool available that maps the
>relationships between tables in a SQL Server database.
>I need this to help document a user guide to a DB I've designed for
>them and they are familair with the MS Access diagrams and can't get
>on with the diagrams Enterprise Manager produces.
>However I want the tool to "attach" the relations to the Primary Key
>and Foreign Keys regardless of where I drag the tables around, an
>awful lot like MS Access relationship diagrams do. I've trawled
>through many "trails" offered on the internet and thought I'd be
>better off "asking the audience" for any recommendations.
>Thanks for any help
>Giles
|||On 17 May, 21:29, "jezemine" <u34287@.uwe> wrote:
> If you want to document your database, you might check out SqlSpec, a
>
> shareware app I wrote:http://www.elsasoft.org
> Giles wrote:
>
>
> - Show quoted text -
Thanks for the tip, pretty looking app, but unfortunatley it still
doesn't map the relationships as I require.
Ta
Giles
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment